Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday Struggles
Before I had Megan, when my friends with kids would complain about how hard church was for them, I used to think they were kind of wusses. How hard can church really be with a kid? Yeah, we are quickly finding that out with each passing week as Megan gets older. I swear she's the biggest wiggle worm on the planet. The girl can't sit still for more than 15 seconds and really loves to entertain the people sitting behind us, as her favorite thing to do now now during sacrament meeting is play peek-a-boo with the people sitting behind us, while standing on the pew. It's a full on battle between the three of us the whole time and it's not all that easy to wrestle a baby in a skirt or dress as I'm sure all you moms out there know. I feel like we are a total zoo at church. It's even worse now that our ward starts at 9 AM. Megan takes a morning nap from 10-12 everyday, which is right in the middle of our block. So, not only is she very wiggly, but also now very cranky. I try to rock her in the mother's lounge to get her to sleep, but that usually results in her screaming like I'm chopping off a limb. She's a stubborn little girl, but on the few occasions I have rocked her to sleep, she wakes up almost as soon as we leave the bathroom from all the noise in the hall. It's so tempting to leave after sacrament meeting so Megan can get her nap, but both Eric and I have to be at church for the third hour since he's in the Elder's Quarum presidency and I'm in the Young Women's. Then when we do get home, Megan's nap schedule is all thrown off. All in all, it's a hard day, but we keep doing it in the hopes that it will get better and someday we'll be blessed for it. I'm sure many of you have already experienced this, so please let me know that it will get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
when nursery rolls around you'll see, it gets better. It is so nice to take him there and he gets his social time while I take care of my RS stuff. Sacrament is still tough and Luke does the "standing up turned around" thing too. Yesterday Dan was playing the organ and Luke saw him up front and started laughing so hard with excitement to go see daddy that I had to take him out.
Meagan is absolutly adorable!! I am so glad you found me. I was wishing I could find you on a blog or something but didnt know where to start. How did you find me? Send me and email or something so we can keep contact... hdipadova@msn.com ... hope to hear from you soon.
Rachel is right... nursery makes church so much better. James is the same way though... a TOTAL wiggle worm. Only 8 more months till nursery!
Hang in their Jen you will recieve more blessings by going to church and sitting in the hall then you will not going at all. pretty soon she will be in nursery just in time for you to start all over again with another one. I remember this being the worst phase. We experienced it with Haiden and now it's Kylie's turn
Jenn the good news is that it will get better, the bad news is by then you'll have another one and you'll have to start all over! I'm so glad you found me! Your little girl is so cute! You guys look really happy! I look forward to checking in on you guys too, I'm really loving this blogging thing!
Jacey
I second Jacey's comment! Sacrament meeting can be very challenging for me too. I have one of the young women in our ward sit with me and help.
lisa
oh jen you have no idea how much better it makes me feel to hear that my child is not the only crazy one at church!! i swear the other children his age in my ward are fed valium before church or i could be in denial about my child's energy levels...noah is like out of control and they just sit on their parents laps!! sacrament mtg has not gotten better. but it is great that he can go to nursery for the last two hours!!
Eric and Jen-you guys better put us on your fellow bloggers list or we might have to quit you! It was so fun to check out your blog. I am so stoked that you guys are famous! How cool! At least now we can say we knew you before the fame. I happen to love that song and now when I hear it I'll always think of my friends Jen and amERICa!
Post a Comment